We have a vibrant community of over 300 postdoctoral scholars. We are committed to creating an environment in which discovery, learning, and professional development are promoted and recognized.
Postdoctoral Scholars at Iowa State are...
- Valued members of the academic community.
- Trained by our best research faculty and engaged in cutting-edge research in outstanding facilities with the latest technology.
- Making important contributions to research, outreach, and teaching missions.
- Found throughout campus in disciplines.
This website aims to:
- Bring attention to valuable resources across campus and online.
- Serve as a reference while at Iowa State.
Postdoctoral Scholar Office Mission Statement
A postdoctoral scholar appointment is a brief, intense, and pivotal time in one’s career. This office provides the postdoctoral scholar community with support, professional development opportunities, and tools to ensure postdocs take full advantage of this time to develop a sustainable and successful career path.
Succeed Now with 80:10:10 – The New Work Week Expectation - A new framework supported by the Graduate College:
- 80% Maximize Output – Do the best work possible
- 10% Professional Engagement – Focus on Professional and Intellectual Development
- 10% Communicate and Connect – Network with Colleagues and Experts
Questions or Concerns – Contact the Postdoctoral Scholar Office
Postdoctoral Scholar Coordinator